Complete Build Journal

10/16/2015

TODAY'S THE DAY!! PICK UP DAY!!

Today, I got to Home Depot early in the morning to pick up the Penske Truck.  I stopped by work to pick up the cart, straps and wood.  I took about 10 hours to drive up to Mineral, VA to get car.
Got up there at 5:45pm.


It's a beautiful area, with rolling hills and the leaves were falling.  I thought we'd have enough time to get the car in the truck and finish loading.  The sun was just about to set, so I was trying to hurry.  But there was MUCH more of a job that I had anticipated.

Ron is a great guy, who was extremely helpful.  We couldn't figure out a way to get the car loaded up on the cart and moved to the truck.  The problem was that 1) I brought a cart with rollers on top, and 2) We needed to lift the car very high to get the cart underneath it.  39" was the deck height of the truck bed.  I was afraid that the car would slide off of the cart and crash onto the pavement.  We decided that we would not do this tonight.  I went to the hotel and got rest for the next day.  Not a single item loaded in the truck.